2022 virtual 5k event payment

MatthewW59
Rookie
0 Votes

Our charity has a virtual 5k event setup with payment going through the constant contact URL to our charity paypal account.   Guests are not being given the option to 'checkout as guest' when processing payment.   They are being required to create a paypal account.   

I have been on the phone with paypal for 5 hours and they tell me paypal has no issues and it is a constant contact issue. 

In the meantime my charity is losing money .   Can you help?   Email me at 

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MatthewW59 ,

What exactly are your registrants seeing? Even when I test signing up for your event, I'm still given the option to circumvent logging in by simply paying with a debit/credit card:

Capture.PNG

What you see above is the default if the registrant's email isn't detected as already being associated with a PayPal account when the window populates. This is how PayPal defaults, we're simply at the mercy of whatever they choose to show for payment pop-up. But regardless, if this is the screen your registrants are getting, then all they have to do is just click the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" button, and they'll be check out "as a guest."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST