A copied event was then changed from using a physical location to an Online, but address still shows

Participant

A copied event was then changed from using a physical location to an Online, but address still shows

The event file itself was copied from an older event and then modified to be used in a new event. The new event is on zoom. Everything looks OK except for the .ics file attachment that's sent out with the event registration confirmation email. The attachment, when opened, shows the old physical address. I tried going back to the event and clearing out the physical address information before switching it back onto Online Event, but it doesn't work. This seems like a bug in the system that I cannot fix on my end.

TonyN027_1-1603208602639.png

1 REPLY 1

Hello @TonyN027 ,

If you go into your Event's basics, switch it back over to a physical location, delete the physical address info in it, then switch back to online and save - does that fix the ICS file? 

If not, then the only other workaround at the moment would be to make the online event from scratch. This is something our devs are looking at as they continue work on the future overhaul of the event tool. I've made sure to track this known service request for you, so if and when there's update to it, the engineers will notify you.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.