A copied newsletter stays with the old title before sending

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

A copied newsletter stays with the old title before sending

When we copy a newsletter, the system asks to for a work title for the campaign. Afrer editing the existing content, before sending, the title of the old Newsletter Email is filled by defolt . We actualy miss this several times and it becomes too embarrasing for our clients - the title is for an old campaign and the content is totally different. Can you please, dismiss this default old title before sending? In this case every admin will have to fill a new one without letting the old title to go to customers?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: A copied newsletter stays with the old title before sending

Hi @MilenG0,

I'm sorry for any confusion about editing the Subject of an email campaign that's been copied. We appreciate your feedback and I will definitely forward it appropriately. In the meantime, you are correct in that the system does request a new campaign Name when copying so that is easy to change:

2016-11-28_13-04-51.png

This is because no two email campaigns can have exactly the same Name. Keep in mind that the Name of your campaign is different than the Subject. The Subject is something you will need to edit as part of the overall content. Should you forget this step, you can always edit the Subject on the scheduling page before sending out your email campaign: 

2016-11-28_13-22-51.png

The scheduling page is a great place to doublecheck the header information (Subject, From Name, From Email Address, and Reply To Email Address) and footer of your email campaign. Hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: A copied newsletter stays with the old title before sending

Hi @MilenG0,

I'm sorry for any confusion about editing the Subject of an email campaign that's been copied. We appreciate your feedback and I will definitely forward it appropriately. In the meantime, you are correct in that the system does request a new campaign Name when copying so that is easy to change:

2016-11-28_13-04-51.png

This is because no two email campaigns can have exactly the same Name. Keep in mind that the Name of your campaign is different than the Subject. The Subject is something you will need to edit as part of the overall content. Should you forget this step, you can always edit the Subject on the scheduling page before sending out your email campaign: 

2016-11-28_13-22-51.png

The scheduling page is a great place to doublecheck the header information (Subject, From Name, From Email Address, and Reply To Email Address) and footer of your email campaign. Hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured