The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Abandoned Cart Emails - where do the emails come from?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Abandoned Cart Emails - where do the emails come from?

Hi, can someone explain how the Constant Contact Abandoned Cart Email works, if the user has not yet submitted their email?

E.g. if they are on the checkout (I see this in the latest development log), and they don't fill in any info, and they are not logged in users, do they get the abandoned cart email? If so, how? What is the source of that email?

At what point in the process does the abandoned cart email system 'capture' the email address?

Using Constant Contact + WooCommerce

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Abandoned Cart Emails - where do the emails come from?

Hello @Beautiful 

They would not be able to receive the abandon cart email without providing an email unless they are already logged in. You can see more information on our abandon cart emails for WooCommerce here

Adelina R
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

thank you for this. I checked this documentation https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/36890-Create-an-Automated-Abandoned... and it doesn't say anything about how to capture the email address of the customer.

It does talk about syncing WooCommerce contacts.

But what about non-purchasing WooCommerce contacts? E.g. subscriber roles in WordPress who have an account, but have not made purchases yet? Because the only way to create an account right now, at least on our site, is to go through the checkout. Which is logical for first time users. So how would the email be captured unless they get to that point, which is past the cart?

Or where else can this email be captured from? If they subscribe using another form (not account creation), and then go shopping, but still not create an account, can they be captured that way?

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @Beautiful,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I am going to do additional research on this with our advanced technical team. We will be reaching out to you shortly using the contact information listed on your account. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Ok, so your support person wrote this to me:

"When reviewing your question regarding how contacts can opt-in to Constant Contact through WooCommerce, Our integration has access to the following:

• View and manage coupons
  • View and manage customers
  • View and Manage orders and sales reports
  • View and manage products
If customers can  opt-in to your store without making a purchase they should sync over to Constant Contact however, we are unable to see which forms communicate with your WooCommerce store. We recommend reaching out to WooCommerce support. Again, I apologize for any difficulty this has caused you and thank you for using Constant Contact!"

My question is - how do they opt in to Constant Contact THROUGH the Constant Contact WooCommerce Integration Plugin and system?

Also, if you can't see which forms communicate with WooCommerce, how would reaching out to WooCommerce support help? Would they be able to see something new or helpful here related to your plugin and your system's ability to send abandoned cart emails? If so, can you be specific about what that is? As far as I know they can only answer questions about their own plugin.

The bottom line is: I need to get people on the so-called "abandoned cart" email while they are viewing products, or adding to the cart, before signing in. What is the earliest we can make this happen with your plugin? Not all new viewers of a store will have an account with us. So that means that, in our case, the majority will never see these emails with your integration tool, correct?

Can you answer it this way too: if someone signs up to our Constant Contact newsletter with a sign up form that connects to our Constant Contact account, can they somehow get directly on the WooCommerce Integration lists, and get abandoned cart emails that way, even if they have not yet made a WooCommerce account? 

Or: if someone signs in to WordPress core using a subscriber account, can they be on the WooCommerce Integration lists, and get on the abandoned cart emails that way?

Highlighted
Administrator

Hi @Beautiful. Customers will only receive the abandoned cart email if they are logged into your store. If they are not logged in, they will not receive an email as WooCommerce is not able to determine who this customer is and how to contact them. You can export your Constant Contact contacts into WooCommerce but unless the customer has created an account, the email will still not be sent. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured