Account Owner Designation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Estuary_Conservation_Association
Rookie

I have been using CC as a tool for a client/organization for several years.  I have always had complete access to all areas - sending campaigns, managing lists, billing etc.  Last week I received an email that the prepay balance was running low,  When I logged in to make a payment I found I had been assigned a role - Account Manager.  The Account Manager does not have complete access and can not make payments.  The Account Manager also can not change the roles.  How do I find the Account Owner?  I am the only one in the organization who uses Constant Contact so I do not understand how this role was determined?  I need to resolve this now.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

@Estuary_Conservation_Association , make sure to check out these related articles for:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Estuary_Conservation_Association ,

Whoever setup the account for you and got you added as a user would've been the one to assign you as an Account Manager. However, for security, only the Account Owner ever has access to billing info.

If you're unable to remember / access the Account Owner login credentials and MFA setup, we'd need you to call our general support so we can confirm security permissions. Once confirmed, they can assist with an account ownership update / transfer.

William A
0 Votes

Thank you for your response! I show payments made to Constant Contact on my expense reports going back to 2015.  Meaning I have been making the payments since then so I do not understand what changed.  I can accept an upgrade but not sure why/how permissions would be changed without consulting the user.  I can call support or issue a paper check but that is definitely less convenient.  Is this going to affect my ability to create and send campaigns, see results, etc or any other key areas?  We are on the verge of contacting membership and will need to track responses.  Thank you.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're asking. You don't need to "upgrade" anything in your account. If you've been the main one handling account affairs, then it should be no problem answering whatever general support asks to confirm security access and permissions. Once you're able to access the account owner login, you'll be able to properly manage the account's billing.

William A
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

@Estuary_Conservation_Association , make sure to check out these related articles for:

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST