Account Owner Password

SOLVED
Go to solution
ArnieM54
Rookie
0 Votes

I cannot find a clear 'can or cannot' to my question, which is, 'Can a Account Manager change the password on the account?' There is no clear yes or no to this. In the listing of the Account Manager's role this not specifically addressed...unless I'm missing something?

As the Account Owner, I think I'm the only one who can manage the account password. Other user roles cannot. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @ArnieM54 ,

Users can only change the usernames, passwords, and MFA preferences of their own login credentials. Even account owners can only manage their own username, password, and MFA preference for an account, though they obviously have the additional capability of deactivating users as they see fit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator

Hello @ArnieM54 ,

Users can only change the usernames, passwords, and MFA preferences of their own login credentials. Even account owners can only manage their own username, password, and MFA preference for an account, though they obviously have the additional capability of deactivating users as they see fit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST