Account Owner

SOLVED
Go to solution
LauraHyde
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, I need to remove myself as an account owner. Can you please help assist with this change? I am leaving the company. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @BarbieW2 ,

If you're not logging in as the account owner, then you need to switch to the owner's login credentials to access your account's billing info. If you cannot remember the owner login credentials, or that person is no longer associated with your company, then you'd need to go through our general phone support so they can confirm security permissions live and assist further. We are unable to assist with account login credentials and accessibility any further than that via the Community for security reasons. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LauraHyde ,

I'd recommend following along with this guide for account ownership transfer, to see what (if anything) needs updating between your ownership and the next person's. If you do it with the next owner, it may make the process easier for both of you. Once you've made all the necessary changes, you'll want to reset the MFA preference linked to the current login credentials. This will prompt you (or the new owner if readily available) to log back in and setup the new preferred MFA method and associated phone number.

William A
BarbieW2
Rookie
0 Votes

William, I set up the original account in 2012 - need to switch the billing over to our office manager instead of me. I am not able to make the credit card changes when I am in the account, it does not recognize me as the account owner.

William_A
Administrator

Hello @BarbieW2 ,

If you're not logging in as the account owner, then you need to switch to the owner's login credentials to access your account's billing info. If you cannot remember the owner login credentials, or that person is no longer associated with your company, then you'd need to go through our general phone support so they can confirm security permissions live and assist further. We are unable to assist with account login credentials and accessibility any further than that via the Community for security reasons. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST