Instagram link not saving in social block

SOLVED
Go to solution
MargaretB96
Campaign Collaborator

I can't add the Instagram Link to my campaign.  All my other social media links work fine.  Have wasted far too much time and have found several users reporting this is broken.

Please fix.  And add as a default to user setup so this prefills for campaigns like FB and Twitter.

Thanks!

Margaret Black

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Brian_H
Employee

Hi @MargaretB96

Thanks for letting us know. Once you copy your Instagram URL into this box, if you click anywhere outside of the box and click save at the top of the page, it normally will save what you put in. If not, please confirm which web browser you are currently using as well if you have attempted to refresh your page or simply logged out and logged back in. 

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @MargaretB96,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize that you are experiencing this. To find the correct URL to copy and paste into your Social Media icon, you will need to copy the entire URL in the address bar or search bar in your browser. Once you grab the correct URL and put it in your template it will stay there just like Twitter and Facebook. URL.PNG

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MargaretB96
Campaign Collaborator

Thank you for your quick reply. 

As stated, I have done that and it is not holding.  There is no save option either.  Picture attached showing the Instagram link option. 

Constant-linkedin-broken.jpg

Brian_H
Employee

Hi @MargaretB96

Thanks for letting us know. Once you copy your Instagram URL into this box, if you click anywhere outside of the box and click save at the top of the page, it normally will save what you put in. If not, please confirm which web browser you are currently using as well if you have attempted to refresh your page or simply logged out and logged back in. 

Brian_H

MargaretB96
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you Brian!  That was too simple :-).  I really do appreciate you pointing that out. How I missed the save there beats me. Have a great day.

Margaret 

Brian_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @MargaretB96

You are very welcome! I am glad that I was able to help you with your Instagram link. Please let us know if you need further assistance! 

Brian_H

DavidW76071
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

You are not reading the questions. we are all trying this method of linking Instagram and its not working!

Nichelle_M
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @DavidW76071,

We're sorry for any frustrations with adding a link to Instagram within your email campaign. After adding the URL into the field next to the Instagram icon you'll want to be sure and click Done on the toolbar, and then Save at the top:

2018-08-28_14-07-06.png

Please do let us know if you're still experiencing any issues as we're here to help! 

Nichelle M

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
BeverlyM126
Rookie
0 Votes
I can't mine into mine right now. I'm doing exactly as directed and as stated on here but when I check errors that keeps popping up.
Aaron_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @BeverlyM126,

Thank you for coming to the community!  There's a few problems that can cause that link to show an error.  The most common is that the # symbol at the start of the link was left in place.  Make sure to delete that # symbol.  If the error is still occurring, make sure that you're using a supported web-browser.  I'm seeing some reports in our system of unsupported browsers preventing changes to the social-media side-bar.  Our supported browsers can be found here.

Aaron_H

NgocT15
Rookie
0 Votes

My Instagram and Facebook shopify link is not working... can't caption a video...Instagram says broken weblink. Facebook also says this, how can i fix this problem? Do i need to verify anything for my business? facebook is Roseate Lashes page

Adrienne_B
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @NgocT15

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you this weekend.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Can you please send your username, the name of the email you are working on, where you are trying to insert the links and any other information to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so that we may look into this further for you? 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST