Add to calendar link in emails

SOLVED
Go to solution
SNIP
Rookie

I would like to add a calendar link in my emails for "save-the-date" posts. First of all is this possible? I know it can be done with event templates, but I use a customized email template on a regular basis that I would like to use the link. I looked at previous posts by CC users and this has been requested since 2012. Can someone help me out with this? Much thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

At this time ICS files aren't able to be uploaded into our system. We ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea for adding a calendar link to email by clicking this link. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate of if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on that post allows you to be notified of replies.

That said, the easiest workaround would be to use the RSVP action block in an email (Email Plus feature). The thank you page that triggers from RSVP'ing will have an ICS link generated for the date, time, location, etc. that's entered into the block, which your contacts can click to download.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator

At this time ICS files aren't able to be uploaded into our system. We ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea for adding a calendar link to email by clicking this link. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate of if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on that post allows you to be notified of replies.

That said, the easiest workaround would be to use the RSVP action block in an email (Email Plus feature). The thank you page that triggers from RSVP'ing will have an ICS link generated for the date, time, location, etc. that's entered into the block, which your contacts can click to download.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SNIP
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback and tagging the request to my account. I will investigate the RSVP action and see if it meets our needs.

DanielaS028
Campaign Collaborator

Please add the ICS file functionality. The RSVP feature does not work well for the type of campaigns we send out. 

LarryT6907
Rookie

This has been requested since 2014 according to various community feeds within constant contact. Will your engineers be willing to add this feature anytime soon?  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST