Adding Vertical Lines to Email

SOLVED
Go to solution
BetsyP1
Occasional Participant

Adding Vertical Lines to Email

I know how to place a horizontal line between blocks on an email. How do I add a vertical line between either images or text? There is a block of text with a vertical line between TWO images/text but for THREE images/text, there is no block with a line available. Can I add this line to separate the sections? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kara_D
Employee

Hi BetsyP1!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this question! I am excited to tell you we are currently tracking a request to have vertical dividers as an independent block element. I have tracked this on your behalf and we will send you an email once this feature has been updated. 

In the meantime there is a workaround you can use with 3 columns. Use the layout containing the vertical divider. Other elements (text boxes, images, buttons, etc) can be added or removed to customize the layout as needed. You can also add a 3rd column to the layout, which will be separated by another vertical divider! Just drag over a text box, image, or button and drop it where you want that 3rd column. I noticed when I tried it in my account that I needed to add a spacer above the 3rd column image to make it match. 

2020-12-02_16-37-55.png

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kara_D
Employee

Hi BetsyP1!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with this question! I am excited to tell you we are currently tracking a request to have vertical dividers as an independent block element. I have tracked this on your behalf and we will send you an email once this feature has been updated. 

In the meantime there is a workaround you can use with 3 columns. Use the layout containing the vertical divider. Other elements (text boxes, images, buttons, etc) can be added or removed to customize the layout as needed. You can also add a 3rd column to the layout, which will be separated by another vertical divider! Just drag over a text box, image, or button and drop it where you want that 3rd column. I noticed when I tried it in my account that I needed to add a spacer above the 3rd column image to make it match. 

2020-12-02_16-37-55.png

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post