Adding a Button to my email that takes each subscriber to their account to renew. (Renewal Link)

SOLVED
Go to solution
CharlesB27
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I am creating an email for the subscribers to renew their subscription. I have successfully brought in the Unique Renewal Link from importing the EXCEL sheet and merging the data that way. The problem is, it shows up as a full URL that the user can click on. I would like to make this a button that is more pleasing to the eye.

However, when I add a button from the menu - I am not seeing where you can add a contact detail to the button itself (like you can add into text {Renewal Link}). It will only let me add a URL. I need to pull the unique URL for each subscriber into each button. Is there a way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @CharlesB27 , 

That is a great question. At this time, the button feature and the contact details feature do not function together. The only way to pull in dynamic content is via the insert contact details option in the editor. There's not a way to link the contact details either - but most browsers/email clients automatically link URLs when they are received. 

If you'd like to try creating dynamic links, those should function better with the button, but you might have to restructure things a bit. Here is a guide on how to use dynamic links within the system. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @CharlesB27 , 

That is a great question. At this time, the button feature and the contact details feature do not function together. The only way to pull in dynamic content is via the insert contact details option in the editor. There's not a way to link the contact details either - but most browsers/email clients automatically link URLs when they are received. 

If you'd like to try creating dynamic links, those should function better with the button, but you might have to restructure things a bit. Here is a guide on how to use dynamic links within the system. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST