Adding an email

Regular Participant

Adding an email

How can we add an email when it says it's already in but it's not? no recourse. We can't serve our congregation ths way
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @AmandaP71 ,

Is the contact not showing up when you search for it based on name or email address? This issue typically occurs when trying to add single contacts at a time, but the contact is already in the database as unsubscribed, awaiting confirmation, or active. Try using the Type/Paste multiple option or uploading via file as those shouldn't error out, even if the contact is already in the system. If the contact is, then the activity page will simply show that there was a contact that was updated, but not brand new (or failed to upload because of unsubscription, if applicable).

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I'm not sure ours is fixed.  Over 12 people were "kicked off" this week and I tried to put their email back in and CC says, "that contact is already here" and gives me no other options.  The contacts are now just getting the church information copied from their friends.  The new format does not seem to be working for us.  Sorry.

Hello @AmandaP71 ,

I replied to the email response you sent. If the workaround suggested doesn't appear to be working for you, please reply to that email with the contacts' email addresses that seem to be having issues, and we'll look into it further.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.