Adding brackets to a subject line

SOLVED
Go to solution
SOMarketing
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm attempting to use brackets [] in my subject line, similar to: [Members] This Week's Announcements However, I'm unable to save this subject line because the tool thinks I'm trying to add a personalization. I get the red error "Make sure you are not missing a part of your subject line personalization." and I'm unable to save my email settings. Is there a way to character escape those brackets so that I can use them as part of my subject line?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SOMarketing ,

I'd recommend using something other than brackets for the purpose of the subject line in this instance. Either (Members), or include a bit about this being exclusive for members in the preheader line to show after the subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SOMarketing ,

I'd recommend using something other than brackets for the purpose of the subject line in this instance. Either (Members), or include a bit about this being exclusive for members in the preheader line to show after the subject.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST