Adding contacts that are already "Awaiting Confirmation"

SOLVED
Go to solution
MarieL4932
Rookie
0 Votes

We have a ton of contacts "awaiting confirmation." I'm sure that some of them really didn't want to be on the list, but some of them do & they aren't getting emails.  Several people have asked to get on the list, but I can't add them b/c of their current status.  How do you update that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarieL4932 ,

Please see our main article on contacts in Awaiting Confirmation status, which gives insight on what steps you or the contacts can take to re-subscribe and get the permission status updated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarieL4932 ,

Please see our main article on contacts in Awaiting Confirmation status, which gives insight on what steps you or the contacts can take to re-subscribe and get the permission status updated.

William A
ShaheenGallegos
Rookie
0 Votes

I just signed up for SMS messages. We sent out the welcome email, I included myself, and everyone received the thank you email. Now everyone is in awaiting confirmation. I have not received any other emails. How do contacts get out of the awaitng confirmation status?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The contacts have to follow the steps for opting in from the opt-in email. Please see the article linked in my earlier response for how Awaiting Confirmation status works, and the subsequent articles with additional info.

William A
ShaheenGallegos
Rookie
0 Votes

The contacts did not receive a text to subscribe... 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You'll want to ask them to check their spam/junk folders then, or make sure you setup the opt-in email with the required elements. Otherwise, please contact our delivery / compliance team for further assistance. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST