Adding customer tracking code to email URLs

SOLVED
Go to solution
Regular Participant

Adding customer tracking code to email URLs

For our marketing emails, I need to be able to add tracking code to all the email links that will identify the customer who received (and clicked on) the email.  I'd like to be able to use the send-to email as that identifier.  Does anyone know how I can append some tracking code to the end of each URL in the email, i.e. what the field is ("to_email" or something else) and how it should be formatted?  I'm assuming something like "?=to_email", but don't know proper field names or formatting.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your patience as we looked into this! The good news is we have received word from our engineers that Email Newsletters in our Third Generation Editor has been updated to support dynamic links! You can learn more about this feature here. If you have any issues occur or if you have any additional questions on this, please don’t hesitate to reach out as we would be happy to assist you further.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63

@TinaP4 , it sounds like something on your end is blocking our Knowledge Base from loading. Try clearing your cache, opening the links in Incognito / Private browsing, or opening the links in a different browser. 

If none of those work, you may need to check if you have a VPN or security program that's actively blocking access to our site.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.