Adding deleted contact

SOLVED
Go to solution
MelissaR901
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, 

A contact was showing up as "bouncing", even though I knew the address to be correct. In an effort to correct the situation, I deleted the contact thinking I could just add it as a new contact. That, however, is not the case. How can I add this person back in as a contact? Do I put them in a different contact list?

Please advise. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HeatherJ38 ,

You can unsuspend a suspended bounced contact once through an email's bounce report. Otherwise you can reply to the automated @ mention email you receive from this response, with the contact's email address, and we'll try to unsuspend them administratively. 

Once unsuspended, as a follow-up I'd recommend doing a Quicksend of the last email they were supposed to receive. If we receive a report from their domain / ISP about them being 'non-existent' again, then they'll likely be put back into suspension. You can check this by going to the contact's engagement history right after doing the Quicksend.

If the non-existent / suspended bounce occurs again for the viable contact, then it may be worth reaching out to our Delivery team to see if they have any additional insight regarding that domain / ISP. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MelissaR901. You should be able add the contact back in using the single contact upload method. However, based on your post, it sounds like there was an issue when attempting to do this. Could you explain more about what happened so we can further assist you?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
HeatherJ38
Rookie
0 Votes

I am having a similar problem. I tried adding a deleted contact back using the single contact upload method. It seemed successful, but when I tried to send to that person the campaign bounced as suspended. I tried deleting the contact again and had the person re-add themselves via a Join Our Email link from a previous campaign. The system-generated welcome msg back to her also bounced as suspended. 

What is the next step?

Thank you,

Betsy

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HeatherJ38 ,

You can unsuspend a suspended bounced contact once through an email's bounce report. Otherwise you can reply to the automated @ mention email you receive from this response, with the contact's email address, and we'll try to unsuspend them administratively. 

Once unsuspended, as a follow-up I'd recommend doing a Quicksend of the last email they were supposed to receive. If we receive a report from their domain / ISP about them being 'non-existent' again, then they'll likely be put back into suspension. You can check this by going to the contact's engagement history right after doing the Quicksend.

If the non-existent / suspended bounce occurs again for the viable contact, then it may be worth reaching out to our Delivery team to see if they have any additional insight regarding that domain / ISP. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST