Adding photo to a signature

SOLVED
Go to solution
Attitudes_Attire
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to design an email on behalf of my boss.  She wants me to add a photo right next to her signature line.  It looks great when you open it on a desktop, but when I open it on my cell phone phone, the photo appears above the last paragraph.  I have resized the image and added it to no avail.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Attitudes_Attire ,

Images, whether text wrapped or in a separate column will always be shifted above or below the other information they're beside, depending on if they're to the left or right of the info respectively. This is standard practice for emails coded for mobile compatibility.

In your description, I see one of the emails has the image along the left side of a block of text that includes the last paragraph and the signature, that's why the image appears above that paragraph. In the next email you've made, the image is below just the signature, hence why it is the same in mobile view. Mobile email apps will always try to force images to be centered on their own, as big as they can with consideration to the image's resolution metadata. 

For your purposes, the most recent email you've made/edited will be what you want. 

With that said, if your boss is needing their signature by the final paragraph / their signature, regardless of mobile compatibility, the best workaround would be to screenshot the setup in desktop view, and then replace all the image-paragraph-signature block setup with that screencap. I wouldn't recommend doing your entire email as a screenshot though, as that can cause potential deliverability issues for email clients whose algorithms are more aggressive against such email setups.

For more info regarding mobile compatibility and best practices for email construction

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Attitudes_Attire ,

Images, whether text wrapped or in a separate column will always be shifted above or below the other information they're beside, depending on if they're to the left or right of the info respectively. This is standard practice for emails coded for mobile compatibility.

In your description, I see one of the emails has the image along the left side of a block of text that includes the last paragraph and the signature, that's why the image appears above that paragraph. In the next email you've made, the image is below just the signature, hence why it is the same in mobile view. Mobile email apps will always try to force images to be centered on their own, as big as they can with consideration to the image's resolution metadata. 

For your purposes, the most recent email you've made/edited will be what you want. 

With that said, if your boss is needing their signature by the final paragraph / their signature, regardless of mobile compatibility, the best workaround would be to screenshot the setup in desktop view, and then replace all the image-paragraph-signature block setup with that screencap. I wouldn't recommend doing your entire email as a screenshot though, as that can cause potential deliverability issues for email clients whose algorithms are more aggressive against such email setups.

For more info regarding mobile compatibility and best practices for email construction

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST