Additional Information Error?

user061116
Rookie

On the Send Now page of a campaign, under the new system, it gives me the following message but does not highlight what I have to actually change/amend? 'You need to provide additional information. Please correct the errors below and try again.'

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello everyone,

If you see this error show when scheduling your email, make sure to check the following sections of your email, either in the editor or on the scheduling screen:

• Your subject line - check to see if removing any special characters (emojis, non-alphanumerical, etc.) allows the email to schedule as expected
  • The physical address - either in the footer when editing the email or at the bottom of the scheduling page, see if your address is missing any necessary info such as country, postal code, state/province, or other required information. Click to edit this section (will show as a pop-up within the same tab) and make sure the information populates correctly in this editing mode. Save it, even if you make no changes. See if the email will schedule as expected.
  • A filled-out header - besides the subject line, make sure the rest of your header is setup properly - a from name, from address, and reply-to address are also required elements. This can be check in the editing screen, as well as on the scheduling page. Once confirming and saving, even if you've made no changes, see if your email can now schedule as expected.
  • Contact lists/segments - make sure you've selected at least one list or segment to send to. If you're narrowing by tag, make sure there's no error for the narrow-list combo to result in 0 contacts being able to be sent to.

For instructions on editing these different sections:

Editing the header and footer of emails

Scheduling emails

34 REPLIES 34
Antonas_S
Employee
0 Votes

Hello and thank you for reaching out to The Community! We do apologize you experienced this, but it looks like you were able to schedule your email campaigns earlier today! If you encounter an issue like this again or if you just have some questions, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Antonas_S
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I am having the same issue. Can you help, Antonas? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @WellspringLiving ,

It looks like you were able to resolve the error. That said, for the sake of future troubleshooting, were there any special characters in the subject line or anything like that causing the problem?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
EmilyA1
Rookie

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE!

BUT THERE IS NO ERROR VISIBLE, PLEASE HELP! 

THANK YOU

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @EmilyA1 ,

Just to confirm for troubleshooting, do you have:

• your physical address
  • at least one contact list checked
  • a subject line filled out
  • a from name typed out
  • a from email selected
  • a reply-to email selected

Additionally, does your subject line have any special characters beyond basic text, commas, periods, or ampersands? 

William A
IsabelS23
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William D, 

I am having this same issue and am unable to schedule my email.

I have made sure that the below points are filled out:

• your physical address
  • a from name typed out
  • a from email selected

As well as not having any special characters beyond basic text, commas, periods, or ampersands. In my subject line.

Please help! 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @IsabelS23 ,

Are you able to confirm if you're still running into this error? I was able to go into your account, and schedule our test without any issue.

William A
MiguelH53
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William

I have the same ISSUE when I try to schedule my email

I put this basic text with commas, periods and that ( 
CITY, VOLCANO AND BEACH ... ENJOY COSTA RICA PURA VIDA! )

When I want to send an email campaigns I only copy the last one, so I dont need to put all the information like phisical adress, from name, from address and reply-to address... the only thing that I need to full or change is the subject line and the time to schedule... 

Today our Constant Contact has just change in visual appearance so I dont know how to fix

please Help cause I cant send any campaigns!!!

Best Regards

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MiguelH53 ,

I just went in and was able to schedule all three of your latest draft emails without any issue (and immediately unshceduled). Are you still seeing the error? Can you elaborate on what exactly changed in appearance? Does clearing your cache alleviate the issue on your end at all?

William A
MiguelH53
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William

Appears he already fixed it!

Actually the appearance returned to the previous one, I think it was some kind of new image in the concept of the schedule

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

MiguelH53
Rookie

Hi, here we go again!

It appears the same issue back!

I send to you an image for best understand

I think I have all full in our campaign "save in draft" as usual

I hope you explain to us how can we fix and send the email

Thanks!

we can't schedule correctwe can't schedule correct

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MiguelH53 ,

It looks like you're missing your country's state in your email footer's physical address. On the scheduling page, click to edit your footer, and you'll see that one of the required fields (for State) is blank. If you set that to your address' state, it should allow your email to go through. The fact that this isn't actually highlighted by the error message is a glitch, and our engineers are working on it.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

William A
CarlosD1
Rookie
0 Votes

Good Afternoon.

I need to send an e-mail campaigne but I can't because of a message in Constant Contact. I already have check on everything inside the program but everything seems to be ok. Please help me.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CarlosD1 ,

It looks like you're missing your country's state in your email footer's physical address. On the scheduling page, click to edit your footer, and you'll see that one of the required fields (for State) is blank. If you set that to your address' state, it should allow your email to go through. The fact that this isn't actually highlighted by the error message is a glitch, and our engineers are working on it.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

William A
FondoUnidoMx
Rookie
0 Votes
i cant send my email. This text come in the landing page "You need to provide additional information. Please correct the errors below and try again." But i already filled everything.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FondoUnidoMx ,

It looks like you got your email sent this morning, was it an issue of something missing from your physical address section? Or was there something else happening?

William A
ManmeetK23
Rookie
0 Votes

We are not able to send email campaign as it is showing "You need to provide additional information. Please correct the errors below and try again."

But it doesn't show any error we have tried all steps provided in help box still no results. kindly guide us on urgent basis.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello, 

It looks like you got your email sent this morning, was it an issue of something missing from your physical address section? Or was there something else happening?

William A
YWCACambridge
Rookie
0 Votes
Hi, I'm getting an error message telling me to correct the errors before I can send my email, but I don't see any errors.
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @YWCACambridge ,

William A
RichardK2928
Rookie

I see this is a reoccurring issue.

I'm having the same issue. I've saved numerous times. Toddled between send now and schedule for later.

Still not resolved.
Ricardo

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RichardK2928 ,

I opened up your scheduling page and it pointed out that your zip code had a space on the end of it. Once you remove that space the formatting should be accepted, and you can send your emails. Once you've updated this in the footer of your next email, it should be saved by default. Or you can update it in your Settings under Organization Info before then.

William A
RichardK2928
Rookie
0 Votes

That worked. Thank for the assist William!

JeanneB69
Rookie
0 Votes

It's a holiday (president's day) and "all circuits are busy) when trying to call support. This is the THIRD email in a row that I've gotten this same error message when there is NO missing information. I've read through your responses and I can confirm I am STILL unable to schedule my email. The previous times, I called support and they just sent it out themselves admitting that there was nothing missing and it's just a technical "glitch" on their end. How many more months will this glitch still stop me from sending my emails on the DAY that I would like them sent? Please help!

I have made sure that the below points are filled out:

• your physical address
  • a from name typed out
  • a from email selected

As well as not having any special characters beyond basic text, commas, periods, or ampersands. In my subject line.

Please help! 

Jeanne Brei

www.TheSpeakeasySwingers.com

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST