Additional Information Error?

user061116
Rookie

On the Send Now page of a campaign, under the new system, it gives me the following message but does not highlight what I have to actually change/amend? 'You need to provide additional information. Please correct the errors below and try again.'

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello everyone,

If you see this error show when scheduling your email, make sure to check the following sections of your email, either in the editor or on the scheduling screen:

• Your subject line - check to see if removing any special characters (emojis, non-alphanumerical, etc.) allows the email to schedule as expected
  • The physical address - either in the footer when editing the email or at the bottom of the scheduling page, see if your address is missing any necessary info such as country, postal code, state/province, or other required information. Click to edit this section (will show as a pop-up within the same tab) and make sure the information populates correctly in this editing mode. Save it, even if you make no changes. See if the email will schedule as expected.
  • A filled-out header - besides the subject line, make sure the rest of your header is setup properly - a from name, from address, and reply-to address are also required elements. This can be check in the editing screen, as well as on the scheduling page. Once confirming and saving, even if you've made no changes, see if your email can now schedule as expected.
  • Contact lists/segments - make sure you've selected at least one list or segment to send to. If you're narrowing by tag, make sure there's no error for the narrow-list combo to result in 0 contacts being able to be sent to.

For instructions on editing these different sections:

Editing the header and footer of emails

Scheduling emails

34 REPLIES 34
PMPA
Rookie
0 Votes

I am having this EXACT SAME ISSUE.  I have tried over and over again to get this right and I can't send the email nor do I know what the error is because NOTHING IS HIGHLIGHTED!!!  The Preview and Test work just fine - BUT I CAN'T SEND!!!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

These errors are often caused by issues with the physical address footer. Try editing your physical address on the scheduling page to see there's any errors or missing info for state/province, zip code, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
PMPA
Rookie
0 Votes

It turned out the issue was there was a space character at the end of the zipcode in the physical address.  😠

JulieK644
Rookie
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I have gone through everything listed above but am still getting the error message. "You need to provide additional information. Please correct the errors below and try again." 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JulieK644 ,

when I checked your scheduling page, there was a space after the zip code, which is what's causing the issue. I'd advise editing the physical address via the email editor or scheduling page, and removing the space from the zip code. You should then be able to schedule your email.

William A
Arikaholidays
Rookie
0 Votes

it didint work again i am getting same error.

You need to provide additional information. Please correct the errors below and try again.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Arikaholidays ,

I had no issues scheduling and unshceduling your draft email. Please check again to see if you're still encountering the error. Make sure the physical address info is all entered properly - country, state/province, city, postal code, etc.

William A
EvanK33
Rookie
0 Votes

Another possible cause:  If you e-mail subject line is very, very long, you will get this error.

ShannonB219
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Still having this issue.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello everyone,

If you see this error show when scheduling your email, make sure to check the following sections of your email, either in the editor or on the scheduling screen:

• Your subject line - check to see if removing any special characters (emojis, non-alphanumerical, etc.) allows the email to schedule as expected
  • The physical address - either in the footer when editing the email or at the bottom of the scheduling page, see if your address is missing any necessary info such as country, postal code, state/province, or other required information. Click to edit this section (will show as a pop-up within the same tab) and make sure the information populates correctly in this editing mode. Save it, even if you make no changes. See if the email will schedule as expected.
  • A filled-out header - besides the subject line, make sure the rest of your header is setup properly - a from name, from address, and reply-to address are also required elements. This can be check in the editing screen, as well as on the scheduling page. Once confirming and saving, even if you've made no changes, see if your email can now schedule as expected.
  • Contact lists/segments - make sure you've selected at least one list or segment to send to. If you're narrowing by tag, make sure there's no error for the narrow-list combo to result in 0 contacts being able to be sent to.

For instructions on editing these different sections:

Editing the header and footer of emails

Scheduling emails

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST