Allow Event Invitees to Make Donations

SOLVED
Go to solution
GlennM1
Occasional Participant

Allow Event Invitees to Make Donations

When setting up a registration, it appears 'accept donations' only allows people to donate if the are declining the invitation to the event.  How do you allow people during registration to make a donation who are attending the event?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are correct that items need to have a specific amount tied to them. You could potentially set it up in such a way that they can purchase multiples of the donation / item amounts. Beyond that however, it'd likely be best to have a link to a donation page on your site or elsewhere included in the reminder emails you send to the registrants.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @GlennM1 ,

If you want to include donation options for attendees, you can add those as items they can "purchase" alongside their regular registration. You can also add links for a PayPal, website, or other place to collect online donations within your registrant-only emails.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
GlennM1
Occasional Participant

Thanks. I just tried to add that, but it appears an amount has to be put in as opposed to donor inputting their own amount. (this event will have people donating anywhere from $50 to a $1,000 so can't have limitation default).  Is that correct or there an option I'm not seeing.  I have added donation option in the receipting language. 

You are correct that items need to have a specific amount tied to them. You could potentially set it up in such a way that they can purchase multiples of the donation / item amounts. Beyond that however, it'd likely be best to have a link to a donation page on your site or elsewhere included in the reminder emails you send to the registrants.

William D

View solution in original post