Already subscribed able to get download from landing page

Retail

Already subscribed able to get download from landing page

I just created a landing page to get newsletter signups but on testing it with my personal email (which already is a contact) I've noticed that I don't get an "already subscribed" message and it will take me to the thank you page, which has the coupon download. Same thing with signing up for the newsletter on our website - I don't get any kind of message saying I'm already a subscriber. I don't get the automated welcome letter, but I'd like it if something popped up for both of these that says the email is already subscribed so they can't sign up again and get the coupons, etc. Am I missing something to activate that?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hi SandyH90!

Thanks for reaching out to the community with your question! At this time we do not have messaging that indicates a contact has already subscribed.  We do have a feature request to have this messaging added, and I have tracked this on your behalf. We will send you an email once this feature has been implemented. 

If you are using a Lead Generation Landing Page, the download option will be available anytime someone fills out the form.

The Welcome Email automation will only send out to people signing up for the first time using a Constant Contact form, so if a contact is already in the system it will not send the Welcome. 

If you would like to have more control of who is getting the coupon, you may want to have it send only through the Welcome Email, and remove the download option from the Lead Generation Landing Page.

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.