Am I not able to add a new email to an existing automated series?

Participant

Am I not able to add a new email to an existing automated series?

We have an automated series set up for when customers fill out a form on our website. We have zapier setup to send form fill contacts to a specified list in Constant Contact. We then have an automated series setup that triggers when a contact joins that list.

What we'd like to do is add new content to that automated series as new content is available (dynamically). It's looking less and less possible for me to add new content/emails to an existing series. I am aware I can copy that automated series, add a new email to that copy and then implement the new one, but those contacts within the list will not receive the new content from the duplicated series with new content, correct?

If there's not solution, paired with other issues we're having with Constant Contact, looks like we'll be switching platforms. Constant Contact seems to be a bit behind the curve when it comes to features...

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @RyanD2172 ,

The current automation series editor does allow you to add new emails, and even make some limited adjustments to timing as needed. Please be aware every automation series can have up to a maximum of 15 steps before a new series would need to be set up. Said new series can be set up to trigger from people receiving the last step in another series, or for an extended number of days after a contact is added to a list.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Perhaps I wasn't clear; I'm aware of the ability to add new emails in the creation of an automated series. The solution you supplied only applies to a draft of a series, not an active series. When a series is active, there's no apparent way to add an additional email to that series without duplicating it and launching a new series. Within 1 hour of research I was able to find 5 alternative platforms that allow you to add to an existing active automated series, so it does look like we'll be making the move away from Constant Contact, thanks though.

Ah, I apologize for the misunderstanding, @RyanD2172 .

I did get your feature request and your feedback submitted to our engineers, but I understand that if your needs aren't being met immediately. If and when you choose to cancel, I'd recommend calling into our Billing team for the quickest resolution.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.