We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Anchor Links

LauraL0303
Frequent Participant

Anchor Links

I noticed some older posts talking about using anchor links, we have an internal newsletter that is very long and we need the option of anchor link/navigation. We have a majority who use the computer to open their newsletter on. 

What is a work around, can we use an older generation editor? Since these were posts from 2016, I am assuming there must be a workaround since 4-5 years ago?

Does anyone know?

4 REPLIES 4
William_D

Hello @LauraL0303 ,

Anchor links are not supported by the vast, vast majority of email clients, which is why we've chosen to exclude them from the current editors. Generally, really long emails have lower deliverability, and also risk getting partly cut off in email clients automatically. If you can shorten these articles' inclusion in your newsletter by either including Read More blocks that link to the full articles hosted elsewhere, or by making the majority of your newsletter a PDF, it'll significantly improve your deliverability and email appearance.

For general advice on email length

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
LauraL0303
Frequent Participant

I still get many newsletters with the navigation option included. Can we include this effect via html uploading?

@LauraL0303 , neither the regular email editor nor the custom code editor can have anchor links set up in them. If you're wanting to use HTML to build your emails, you can do so in the custom code editor.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
LauraL0303
Frequent Participant

Actually, when my company signed up, we were promised HTML options, I thought I saw them but can't find them any longer. Where can I upload my own template?