Anchor texts in emails?

SOLVED
Go to solution
HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi, For the next few weeks, I need to send very long, bilingual emails. What is the recommended way to put a link at the very beginning that says "Jump to the French version" and takes the reader to the French version of the email? I don't want them to have to scroll though pages and pages of text. I also don,t have any information on their preferred language so I can't create two different lists. Ideally, I would prefer NOT to send two separate emails. Thanks, L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HopeandCope ,

Most email programs do not support anchor links, especially those that have mobile apps. As such, this functionality is regularly disabled upon receipt or can even result in the email being treated suspiciously by security algorithms. For those reasons we have opted not to include the functionality in our system, and have no plans to in the immediate future.

If anything, I'd advise simply having separate PDFs or a different document type you can link to in your email, one for each language you want to have available, if you're looking to shorten your email. Another option would be to host the large amount of info in various languages directly on your site, social media page, or elsewhere that can be linked to accordingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HopeandCope ,

Most email programs do not support anchor links, especially those that have mobile apps. As such, this functionality is regularly disabled upon receipt or can even result in the email being treated suspiciously by security algorithms. For those reasons we have opted not to include the functionality in our system, and have no plans to in the immediate future.

If anything, I'd advise simply having separate PDFs or a different document type you can link to in your email, one for each language you want to have available, if you're looking to shorten your email. Another option would be to host the large amount of info in various languages directly on your site, social media page, or elsewhere that can be linked to accordingly.

William A
HPace
Rookie
0 Votes

I would disagree that most email programs do not support anchor links. Constant Contact is the ONLY email program that I use that doesn't support it. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @HPace ,

If you read the context of what I wrote, it is referring to email programs like Outlook, Gmail, Apple Mail, Yahoo, etc., not Email Service Providers like us.

William A
HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Ah, good idea, that. OK, let me see what I will do. I think the main problem would be for them to have access to their profile from the website, because the information in the email asks them to update their profile. So if I could keep them in the email app, I think it would work better.

I will check a couple of approaches, then.

Thanks,

L

HopeandCope
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi,

Interesting approach, that. OK, let me see what I will do. My main concern is that the email will contain instructions that require them to access their profile, and if I put the instructions on the website, it will require the reader to do a back and forth between their email app and our website.

Let me test to see what works best.

Thanks,

L

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST