The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Any way to send another account's email to my members without breaking links?

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Any way to send another account's email to my members without breaking links?

Is there a way to send another account's email to my members without breaking links?

Here's the background. My religious organization uses Constant Contact to connect with our members. From time to time, we have wanted to send a mailing we received from another organization's Constant Contact mailing to our members. The person who sends our mailings has been including them as images, which looks nice but breaks the links. In the most extreme case, that means that a mailing which only says "Click here to register"  becomes useless when forwarded to our members since they have no idea where to go to sign up. In other cases the email has the links in text, so at least our recipients can retype the info, even if they can't click on them.

I tried copying and pasting the text/images from the original mailing into a new mailing and it ended up as a mess. Is there some element I can include in my mailing that will allow us to just paste in the existing mailing and have it look good and have functional links? Or some other technique to accomplish what I want to do?

Thanks...

Bill

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Any way to send another account's email to my members without breaking links?

Hello @BillR8751,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! The best and easiest option to transfer an email from one account to another, is to use our tool called Campaign Copy. You will have to pay a one time fee of $49. If you would like to complete this, please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com the following: 

• Originating Username 
  • Receiving Username
  • Exact name of the original campaign
  • Exact name of what it will be called in the receiving account
  • Which account should be charged the fee

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Re: Any way to send another account's email to my members without breaking links?

Thanks, but that won't work.  The email I want to forward to our list is from another organization that we have nothing to do with other than our clergy being on their mailing list. We just want our members to know about it.

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @BillR8751,

You can also ask the other organization for the email link. They will find that link when they click on the title of the sent newsletter. You can then retrieve the link and insert it into a button in your newsletter. That way when you send your message about why you want them to be aware of what the other organization is doing, they can click on the email link and go straight to the newsletter. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

What would be nice would be to have a link to go to a page with the contents of their email but without the subscriber-specific links to unsubscribe. That's why it is dangerous to forward CC email to others, at least in my experience.

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @BillR8751,

Thanks for your feedback! I will make to submit it over to our engineers for review. 

Zoe H.

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured