Apostrophes Display A Backslash In Greeting Tag

RevTedS
Participant

Apostrophes Display A Backslash In Greeting Tag

When sending a message to subscribers earlier, the message as drafted had the following greeting tag:

"Season's Greetings [FIRSTNAME],"

but once the message was sent, it displayed as:

"Season\'s Greetings Sam,"

What is causing this issue, and how can I prevent this from happening in the future (other than not using an apostrophe, which would make a greeting like the one above grammatically incorrect)?  Thanks...

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @RevTedS ,

It seems this is a lesser known issue that our engineers are still gathering info on. I've submitted your case to them with the relevant service request attached. If and when they have an update regarding this issue, they'll notify you via email. At this time, there isn't an ETA on a fix.

In the meantime, I'd recommend either a different greeting without the apostrophe, or simply typing out Season's Greetings, then inserting the greeting tag. You can leave the first portion blank so it's just the contact's name followed by the comma, and then set the required secondary/backup greeting to just be a comma.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.