Are the new Event charges for paid accounts?

SandeeW2
Consulting & Training

Are the new Event charges for paid accounts?

Hello, I have a paid account with Constant Contact, and every few months we have a workshop and we use the "event" feature to register and accept payment (via PayPal that is linked to these event forms). We only use this tool to get registrants and then have the actual workshops on Zoom. Is it true that CC is intending to charge us a percentage for any PayPal payments we receive using "events" ... am mostly wondering if paid accounts are included. Because PayPal also takes a cut of our registration fee.  

We pay a subscription fee every month to Constant Contact. I would assume that all Event features are included in that monthly fee, and we would not be charged for anything else. 

3 REPLIES 3
William_D

Hello @SandeeW2 ,

Only paid accounts can publish events, so yes this change applies to paid accounts. PayPal collects a fee of 2.59% + $0.49 for each ticket sold or transaction conducted, and Constant Contact collects an additional fee of 2.5% + $0.50 for each ticket sold or transaction conducted. Total fees will amount to 5.09% + $0.99 for each ticket sold or transaction conducted. In the event that the transaction is made in a currency other than USD, you will be charged the equivalent of the above in the currency of the transaction.

For more info on event payment options and fee collection

For more information on using PayPal, please visit PayPal Customer Support.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
SandeeW2
Consulting & Training

I received the email a few days ago and this change is in effect Nov. 1. Less than 2 weeks. Very inefficient and unexpected. Also very unfortunate. 

Hello @SandeeW2,

Thank you for your feedback! We do apologize for any inconvenience and will submit your feedback immediately. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.