Auto save options

OACP
Marketing Legend

Is there a way of reducing the frequency of auto save? With internet speeds slowing down (at least for me), I'm finding that the auto-save feature is saving almost every key stroke vwhen compiling a mailing. This means that as I type, there is a delay in showing what I've typed/ deleted making composition time much, much longer.

Thanks,

Top Answer
Frankie_P

This Auto-save function automatically saves your work every 5 minutes as you create your email. With that said, having the ability to turn off this Auto-save is not an available feature. Though there is an Auto-save in the My Settings section of all accounts, this is connected to our older Second Generation Editor and does not affect the updated Email Newsletters in our Third Generation Editor. If you wish to have more control over this setting, please vote or comment on the feature request for this topic under our Feedback boards instead of commenting here. This will allow you to be notified of any updates for this request.

24 REPLIES 24
Frankie_P
0 Votes

This Auto-save function automatically saves your work every 5 minutes as you create your email. With that said, having the ability to turn off this Auto-save is not an available feature. Though there is an Auto-save in the My Settings section of all accounts, this is connected to our older Second Generation Editor and does not affect the updated Email Newsletters in our Third Generation Editor. If you wish to have more control over this setting, please vote or comment on the feature request for this topic under our Feedback boards instead of commenting here. This will allow you to be notified of any updates for this request.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SherylS5
Campaign Expert

I am having the same problem. It's not saving every 5 minutes, it's saving every 5 letters. And then, possibly because my Internet is slow, it has trouble saving and I have to refresh the page and minutes later I'm finally back to my draft and have to figure out what it saved and what it didn't save. This is a MAJOR problem and needs to be fixed NOW. And you need to delete the opportunity to turn off Autosave in our settings or make a note that it doesn't actually work with the latest version.

Every time I'm having a problem or looking for something that used to work just fine in Constant Contact, I discover that "someone" decided it was not an important option and it is no longer available. Did anyone bother to ask the actual users what is important? I used to tell everyone how wonderful Constant Contact is. Now I'm not sure if I want to continue using it.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @SherylS5,

Thank you for your feedback! If your email is not saving and is also giving you a refresh error message, that does usually mean that someone is working in the same email with you. If that is not the case, please attempt to edit this email in a different browser for troubleshooting purposes. Thank you so much for your patience with this! We also create additional updates to our product when we receive feedback from our customers, so we do appreciate it!

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
SherylS5
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I am the only person who has access to this account so no one else is working on the email. And I use Firefox as my browser -- it is the only browser that I care to use so I am not trying any other browsers to trouble shoot. There needs to be a way to turn off autosave. There is no reason for it to save every 5 seconds. (I am assuming that the main problem is that I have a very slow Internet connection -- it has never been speedy but between having two other people working from home on their own computers and the fact that all around us are more people working from home, it has become even slower. I will say, however, that Constant Contact seems to work even slower than almost every website I go to.

And, NO, I do not accept your solution -- you didn't solve anything.

OACP
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks for the additional comments. I agree that, at the moment, CC attempts to save every 5 letters or so, sometimes freezing, then saving up deleting letters and racing across the page deleting more than you want it to. However, on the odd occasion that it has frozen/ crashed completely, I find that in fact, it wasn't saving as I was back to an original draft. I'm not sure if this is CC software issue, or slower than normal broadband, or my device, though it does seem to have got worse with current internet traffic. It is annoying though and makes composition 50% slower. Generally, CC is ahead of its competitors which is why we use it. Fingers crossed the UK government invests in better broadband in rural areas.

CharityP
Campaign Contributor

I am having the same problem. I have tried different browsers and different computers.  Mac and PC and old and new and it goes incredibly slow and I finally realized it is because the auto save is saving everything I do. Everything I type it then saves not every 5 minutes. :frown: Has there been any fix for this?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CharityP ,

Are you using any security programs or ad / pop up blockers that you can add our site as a trusted / safe site so they aren't blocking elements from our site from functioning on your end? It may also be worth resetting your router or checking your internet speed to see if your upload latency is over 100ms, and contacting your ISP to get it lowered if that's the case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
7StarsMA
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

I sos, so hate the autosave feature, it slows my work down and when you have a spotty cellular signal can make you lose your work. It is ridiculous. Please give us the option to switch it off.

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @7StarsMA,

I do apologize for your experience, try working somewhere you can have access to more consistent wifi to avoid this in the future, and I will also gladly submit your feedback on this. Thanks!

Zoe H.

7StarsMA
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

So CC's resolution is that I should get in my car drive for 45 minutes, do my work and then drive 45 minutes home? 

Really? that is the best solution you can come up with?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @7StarsMA,

If the download speed is 3+MB, and or the upload is 1+MB, you should have enough bandwidth to run our site without issues. That is our minimum, so you will want to run a speedtest to ensure you are able to use our product without this issue. 

Zoe H.

7StarsMA
Brand Visionary
0 Votes
It is not bandwidth I have 100mbs today and it still auto saves every few key strikes. It is the ridiculous auto save feature. Please allow me to turn it off and choose when I want to save.
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @7StarsMA,

Thank you for your feedback. I will gladly submit this request over to our engineers for review! 

Zoe H.

7StarsMA
Brand Visionary

I am having the same problem CC autosaves every 5 or so characters, it has been going on for ages and really slows things down and is really annoying. It is the same on my laptop.

7StarsMA
Brand Visionary

This problem is still there, autosaving every 5 characters, that is ridiculous.

Why is CC not listening to its customers?

Why don't the developers actually use their product? If they did they would understand how annoying, distracting it is, and how much it slows you down.

7StarsMA
Brand Visionary

Why is there no response from CC about this issue? When you are working the autosave is ridiculous. If you are using a cell phone and you get the slightest loss of signal it crashes CC. It is annoying. We pay a lot of $$ to use CC and get no response from them.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @7StarsMA ,

It doesn't look like there's been any recent cases in your account for this type of issue. If you're regularly experiencing this issue while building emails on the regular website, it's likely a connectivity error. There's no reason the auto-save should be causing those kinds of issues, unless there are regular interruptions in your connection to our site from your ISP, a VPN, an extension, or a security program. Let’s start with some basic connectivity troubleshooting. Please keep in mind that when I say connectivity issues, I'm not necessarily referring to just your internet speed. There are a number of elements that can affect website connectivity and accessibility on an individual basis. 

If none of those alleviate the issues, please call our general support number so they can continue troubleshooting with you live. If possible, please have a screenshot of your speed test, including the More Info section, ready for the phone agent.

Please note that if you're trying to build the email using a mobile device (tablet or phone), the website itself may have certain compatibility and functionality issues. If you're using a mobile device regularly to build your emails, we recommend using the mobile app.

See also:

Mobile app overview

Building emails on the app

Adding and managing contacts on the app

Create social campaigns on the app

William A
7StarsMA
Brand Visionary

@William_D

There is no problem with my wired connection, the cabling was renewed between my modem and the junction box by Xfinity 3 months ago and I have 100Mbps speed.

And yes there have been cases of CC autosaving and slowing progress, this happens ALL the time. From next month I will be using CC through a cell connection and then the crashing and losing work will start.

CC needs to use their own programme under less than perfect conditions, rather than the testing I assume you do all in house.

Autosave every 5 characters is just absolutely ridiculous, and totally unecessary. Autosave needs to be an option that users can set.

So my problem persists.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Most of our agents are still work from home, meaning we'd be working in the program under similar conditions as you. Regardless, if actually trying other connectivity troubleshooting doesn't alleviate your issues, please call our general support number so they can continue troubleshooting with you live. If possible, please have a screenshot of your speed test, including the More Info section, ready for the phone agent.

William A
SherylS5
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I posted about this a year ago and did find a solution. I upgraded my Internet (initially to my cable company's broadband and then last October to Fios). Autosave is no longer a problem -- everything works fine now. However, I will say that Constant Contact was the only website I dealt with that had such a severe problem due to slow Internet. And it really would have been nice to be able to turn off the autosave.

7StarsMA
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

I have 100mbps service and my cable was replaced from the modem to the street a month ago, so it is not my connection.

Autosave every 5 characters is just stupid.

SusanB1900
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I also have very fast service and and new MacPro. Speed for anything is not a problem. The problem is Autosave. We don't want it. And at least should have an option to turn it off. Please GIVE US BACK THE CONTROL! 

I just lost a significant portion of work in two sections because I accidentally brushed the new MacPro mouse with the palm of my hand. It deleted not only one box of text, but the curser jumped to a second box (no idea how as it was only the slightest brush again the mousepad and I did not even get the "done" option. The second section was also completely deleted. Autosave saved and I lost work. the Redo button only let me "redo" one small keystroke. Note - this all happened in 5 seconds or less.

With all your "upgrades" I've never been more unsatisfied with CC and I'm considering jumping ship. 

SusanB1900
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

BTW: proof that speed is NOT the problem.

SusanB1900_0-1642436662639.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SusanB1900 ,

Undo can be performed multiple times if there have been multiple changes, which I just tested in my own account by making dozens of individual changes and able to Undo all the way back to the original look of the email. If you're having trouble with the sensitivity and reactions of your mouse, I'd advise adjusting its settings so a simply brushing of it can't cause such significant changes on your device.

I'd strongly advise performing some basic connectivity troubleshooting. Please keep in mind that when I say connectivity issues, I'm not necessarily referring to just your internet speed. There are a number of elements that can affect website connectivity and accessibility on an individual basis. If none of those alleviate the issues, please call our general support number so they can continue troubleshooting with you live. If possible, please have a screenshot of your speed test, including the More Info section, ready for the phone agent.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST