The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Auto save options

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Auto save options

Is there a way of reducing the frequency of auto save? With internet speeds slowing down (at least for me), I'm finding that the auto-save feature is saving almost every key stroke vwhen compiling a mailing. This means that as I type, there is a delay in showing what I've typed/ deleted making composition time much, much longer.

Thanks,

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Auto save options

Hi @OACP 

I'm so sorry to hear this is happening when you're working on your emails! Are you having this same experience through a different browser or a private/incognito window? This Auto-save function automatically save your work every 5 minutes as you create your email. With that said, having the ability to turn off this Auto-save is not an available feature. Though there is an Auto-save in the My Settings section of all accounts, this is connected to our older Second Generation Editor and does not affect the updated Email Newsletters in our Third Generation Editor. This is however a feature request our Product Team is collecting feedback on.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I am having the same problem. It's not saving every 5 minutes, it's saving every 5 letters. And then, possibly because my Internet is slow, it has trouble saving and I have to refresh the page and minutes later I'm finally back to my draft and have to figure out what it saved and what it didn't save. This is a MAJOR problem and needs to be fixed NOW. And you need to delete the opportunity to turn off Autosave in our settings or make a note that it doesn't actually work with the latest version.

Every time I'm having a problem or looking for something that used to work just fine in Constant Contact, I discover that "someone" decided it was not an important option and it is no longer available. Did anyone bother to ask the actual users what is important? I used to tell everyone how wonderful Constant Contact is. Now I'm not sure if I want to continue using it.

Highlighted
Employee

Hello @SherylS5,

Thank you for your feedback! If your email is not saving and is also giving you a refresh error message, that does usually mean that someone is working in the same email with you. If that is not the case, please attempt to edit this email in a different browser for troubleshooting purposes. Thank you so much for your patience with this! We also create additional updates to our product when we receive feedback from our customers, so we do appreciate it!

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I am the only person who has access to this account so no one else is working on the email. And I use Firefox as my browser -- it is the only browser that I care to use so I am not trying any other browsers to trouble shoot. There needs to be a way to turn off autosave. There is no reason for it to save every 5 seconds. (I am assuming that the main problem is that I have a very slow Internet connection -- it has never been speedy but between having two other people working from home on their own computers and the fact that all around us are more people working from home, it has become even slower. I will say, however, that Constant Contact seems to work even slower than almost every website I go to.

And, NO, I do not accept your solution -- you didn't solve anything.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the additional comments. I agree that, at the moment, CC attempts to save every 5 letters or so, sometimes freezing, then saving up deleting letters and racing across the page deleting more than you want it to. However, on the odd occasion that it has frozen/ crashed completely, I find that in fact, it wasn't saving as I was back to an original draft. I'm not sure if this is CC software issue, or slower than normal broadband, or my device, though it does seem to have got worse with current internet traffic. It is annoying though and makes composition 50% slower. Generally, CC is ahead of its competitors which is why we use it. Fingers crossed the UK government invests in better broadband in rural areas.

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured