Automated Anniversary Emails - Reference the Number of Years?

Regular Participant

Automated Anniversary Emails - Reference the Number of Years?

I would like to send automated anniversary emails to my volunteers each year. The automated anniversary email provides a good start, but I would like to be specific, as in, "Thank you for sticking with us for [NUMBER OF YEARS] years!" I do not see a way to do this with insertions. Any ideas for how to make this happen? Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom!

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @MaryR328 

It sounds like creating a custom field would be your best option! Once you have created a custom volunteer year field it can be added into your email and will display the exact way you have described. Were you able to add this information into your campaign following these steps?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Participant

This solution only allows me to save a date, which I can do with the Anniversary field that already exists. I need something to calculate the year anniversary from a date I will import with my contacts. I don't think this solution allows that - I would need to update each contact each year to change their anniversary year.

Hi @MaryR328 

I apologize at this time we do not have a tool that will calculate time and automatically update on its own. Instead you will have to manually update this information. You can bulk update this detail through uploading a file of these email addresses with this column included.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.