Automated Email Is Not Sending to New Contacts

SOLVED
Go to solution
DaniC85
Rookie
0 Votes

Automatic emails have been sending properly when contacts have entered individually through my organizations website.

I've just activated Zapier to automatically import Facebook leads to Constant Contact. The leads are arriving, but are not triggering the auto-reply.

I'd appreciate any insights.

Thank you,

Adrian Spence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DaniC85 ,

It looks like you already spoke with chat, but for the sake of visibility I can post here as well. If the contacts are coming into our system through something like creating an ad, manually adding them via list upload, or something else that is done directly through us, then that will trigger the automation. However with some third party APIs that we don't have the ability to access, for example Zapier as you mentioned, this will not trigger an automation to send to list additions / syncs. 

At this time our devs do not have an ETA on any updates or resolutions to this, as different 3rd party APIs sync with us in different ways. The best workarounds would be to either use our system to create and track the Facebook ad, or to export the contacts from Facebook then manually upload the leads to the trigger list if you prefer to continue making ads directly through Facebook.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DaniC85 ,

It looks like you already spoke with chat, but for the sake of visibility I can post here as well. If the contacts are coming into our system through something like creating an ad, manually adding them via list upload, or something else that is done directly through us, then that will trigger the automation. However with some third party APIs that we don't have the ability to access, for example Zapier as you mentioned, this will not trigger an automation to send to list additions / syncs. 

At this time our devs do not have an ETA on any updates or resolutions to this, as different 3rd party APIs sync with us in different ways. The best workarounds would be to either use our system to create and track the Facebook ad, or to export the contacts from Facebook then manually upload the leads to the trigger list if you prefer to continue making ads directly through Facebook.

William A
KumailJ
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Does this also apply if I have an integration with woocommerce? So, if a customer purchases or signs up for my mailing list, it adds the contact to constant contact. Then, I add that contact to a specific list associated with a trigger. Will this not work either? 

Would I have to manually upload this list of contacts as well for the trigger to work?

Thanks

William_A
Administrator

Depends on the automation. Is it the WooCommerce integration for things like abandoned shopping carts and stuff like that? Then those will trigger as they're directly tied to the integration.

If it's for a standard automation series made on our end, then you'd need to manually add the integrated contacts to the list setup for the trigger.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST