We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Automated Email Series and Regular Email

SOLVED
Go to solution
EdwardP102
Consulting & Training

Automated Email Series and Regular Email

I know that an automated email series will override any welcome email associated with the same list. But can you still use regular emails on the same list.

I want to do the following:

1) Send a standard automated series to my customers

2) Send a few regular emails to the same list

3) Once the user clicks on one of the regular emails, I want that to serve as the trigger to re-engage the user with another

automated series so they can view more items that they expressed interest in.

Any thoughts? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
David__B
Employee

Hi Edward. No issues with what you described, that process will work perfectly fine! 

David B.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
David__B
Employee

Hi Edward. No issues with what you described, that process will work perfectly fine! 

David B.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

EdwardP102
Consulting & Training

David,

Can you let me know if this will work as well...

1) Having a standard automated series to my customer list which is triggered immediately upon sign up.

2) Having a single email sent 5 days later in which the customer can select the item they liked best (represented by buttons with embedded links).

3) When the customer clicks on the button(with a link) - it serves as the trigger for an automated series.

So if they click on item 1, they will get an automated series for item 1 products. And if they 

click on item 2, they will get an automated series for item 2 products.

Thanks

Yes, you should be able to have a setup like that as well, @EdwardP102 .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
user813397
Participant

please how can I send Emails to my customers here?

Hello @user813397 ,

You'll need to have at least one contact list that you can send to. Then, just create your email and schedule/send it.

William D

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.