Automated Email Series not working

LingX8
Rookie
0 Votes

I have set up an automated campaign to test the feature with only two steps. 

The send immediately first step with a created email was sent successfully but the second wait one hour step based on an existing email was never sent.

Any steps I'm missing?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @LingX8 ,

So checking your automation, you set a very very specific delivery window (week day and time range) for the overall series. What this means is that if you didn't get those contacts added to your list soon enough based on that initial 10hr queue, and they fell outside of the date and time range you set for the automation's overall deliveries, then they won't be able to send for essentially another week.

I'd advise editing your automation's delivery window to something much more open and available. Otherwise you'll continue to run into these kinds of issues.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LingX8 ,

It looks like you already ended the series. If you encounter this issue in your next test, make sure to leave the series active and reach out here for further troubleshooting, or call our general support for live assistance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
LingX8
Rookie
0 Votes

I have a campaign active right now. I have several contacts in the queue and I don't know why emails are not being sent at the indicated hour. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LingX8 ,

So checking your automation, you set a very very specific delivery window (week day and time range) for the overall series. What this means is that if you didn't get those contacts added to your list soon enough based on that initial 10hr queue, and they fell outside of the date and time range you set for the automation's overall deliveries, then they won't be able to send for essentially another week.

I'd advise editing your automation's delivery window to something much more open and available. Otherwise you'll continue to run into these kinds of issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST