Automated Email Series to more than one link?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Breitenbush
Rookie
0 Votes

I have three campaigns that i want to include in my fundraising newsletter. Depending on what the reader clicks on, i would like them to receive the next email in the campaign. For example, if they click on being a Monthly Sustainer, i want them to receive the next email with that information. if they click on becoming a Matching Fund Investor (bigger give), i want them to get the next email in the series from that click. 

it looks like i can only choose one link to trigger in an automated series.  I'd like to have 3 options!! it would act like a "family tree" experience where they are then getting tagged for their interest levels and i can cross reference their activities with our donor reports and further follow up with them. 

The first email is the top of the funnel so it is going to our whole database and after that, based on their link clicking, they would get segmented. 

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thank you!

Sarahjoy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Breitenbush ,

For your setup, I'd recommend having your main email be a standalone, and setting up click segmentation for each individual link you want to have result in an automation series journey. 

1. You'll want to start by creating the individual lists that will correspond to each link.
  2. Then in your initial email, add click segmentation to the appropriate links, associating them with their corresponding list.
  3. Then set up your automations to be new list-joins, and associate each automation with a corresponding list. You can copy a series and make adjustments to its list and email steps' wording to save time on creation. Make sure to do tests to ensure everything - header, body, etc. - comes out as expected. Once you've confirmed everything is ready for those automations, activate them.
  4. Once you've activated your automations series, you can send out your initial email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Breitenbush ,

For your setup, I'd recommend having your main email be a standalone, and setting up click segmentation for each individual link you want to have result in an automation series journey. 

1. You'll want to start by creating the individual lists that will correspond to each link.
  2. Then in your initial email, add click segmentation to the appropriate links, associating them with their corresponding list.
  3. Then set up your automations to be new list-joins, and associate each automation with a corresponding list. You can copy a series and make adjustments to its list and email steps' wording to save time on creation. Make sure to do tests to ensure everything - header, body, etc. - comes out as expected. Once you've confirmed everything is ready for those automations, activate them.
  4. Once you've activated your automations series, you can send out your initial email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST