Automated Emails

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Automated Emails

I need to trigger an automatic email whenever a person is added to a list.  This I have figured out without issue.  What I also need to happen is for that same automated email to be sent if the contact is deleted and re-added or updated, is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Automated Emails

Hello @AprilC259 ,

That should be how it works by default for automation series. As long as the contact isn't already in the list when added back, they should trigger the Contact Joins List trigger all over again.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

I have tried removing contacts from the list using my CC account and then re-adding using the Create or Update a Contact Using a Single Method (v3) api call but it always comes back as an update and does not resend the email.  Should I be using a different call?

Highlighted

Hello @AprilC259 ,

So here's a step-by-step of what you want to do:

1. Select all the contacts in the list you wish to restart the auto series for.
  2. Once selected, go to the top and select Manage Lists. First, I'd recommend Adding them to a separate list, just to make sure they're all in one place (just call it like Temporary List or Auto Resets).
  3. Then go to Manage Lists again and Remove them from the list you're currently in (the one connected to your auto series). Now these contacts have been taken out.
  4. Now go to that temporary / rest list you made, select all those contacts, go to Manage Lists, and add them back to the proper list for the Auto Series.
  5. This will trigger them as fresh additions to the list, and should cause them to be restart the queue for the auto series.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi @William_D

It would be my expectation that these steps would work, but I have tried now with multiple lists and campaigns and am having no luck.  When I add the person back to a list it does not seem to trigger the automated email.

Highlighted

Hello @AprilC259 ,

I reached back out to our higher level technical team, and they're going to investigate further to see if they're able to recreate the issues you're experiencing. They should be following up within the next 4 business days once they've had time to look through. They'll be reaching out to the account's primary contact phone and email when they do have an update.

William D

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured