Automated Series - Send Followups to Recipients Who Did Not Click on Link

SOLVED
Go to solution
MaryR328
Marketing Legend

Hi! I am just getting acquainted with automated series, which I thought I would be able to use to manage a survey I am distributing. But I am hitting some roadblocks and need help. My situation is: I have two lists to which I am distributing the survey invitation. The campaign includes a link to the survey. After five days, I want to send a reminder to recipients who DID NOT CLICK on the survey link in the original campaign.

I don't see a way to set this up. My first step in creating the series is to select the trigger and none of the options are what I need, as far as I can tell, because "Do Not Click a Link" is not an option, only opening an email and clicking a link.

Many thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Segments will let you Create a segment of contacts based on specific criteria. including people who did not click.

From your contacts page click Segments> Create Segment> name the segment so you can easily find it later.

Next you will want to add in your criteria. In the Add a block section click the dropdown menu and select Contact Activity 2021-03-29_17-48-26.png 

Then select the activities

2021-03-29_17-49-47.png

Click Save and Preview. It may take a few minutes for your Segment to be created.

When you are ready to schedule your follow up email campaign you can schedule it to send to a Segment instead of a Emal List!

2021-03-29_18-06-43.png

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kara_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hi !

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Segments will let you Create a segment of contacts based on specific criteria. including people who did not click.

From your contacts page click Segments> Create Segment> name the segment so you can easily find it later.

Next you will want to add in your criteria. In the Add a block section click the dropdown menu and select Contact Activity 2021-03-29_17-48-26.png 

Then select the activities

2021-03-29_17-49-47.png

Click Save and Preview. It may take a few minutes for your Segment to be created.

When you are ready to schedule your follow up email campaign you can schedule it to send to a Segment instead of a Emal List!

2021-03-29_18-06-43.png

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MaryR328
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

This is *amazing*! Thank you so much!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST