The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Automated emails to existing contacts not sending

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Automated emails to existing contacts not sending

We have set up an automated welcome email to respond to a customer when they sign up to a new list. We have created the new list, created the signup form, the response email, and can receive contacts into this list. The automated email does not send for existing contacts (already on other lists) though. If the contact is completely new to us the email will send, but we can’t respond to our current customers. Have tried setting it up as both a Welcome Email and an Automated Series with the same results. How do we send automated emails to existing customers when they sign up to a new list?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Automated emails to existing contacts not sending

Hi @TraceyJ88 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I apologize your automated series isn't sending to the previously existing contacts on your list. I have however taken a look and can see your previous two automated series are welcome emails. This may be the reason why this is happening. Welcome emails only send to new contacts that join through a web sign-up form or any of the other sign-up methods. I would suggest using an automated series specifically.

pick_trigger_email_steps12.png

select-a-campaign-to-get-started-overlay-email-automation-step3.png

These types of campaign allow you to create a list join campaign that can send to previously existing contacts as well as new contacts regardless of how they have been added into your list. In fact I can see you were able to make one of these campaigns today. Are you still in need of assistance with your campaign?

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

Still does not show how to send to existing emails

Highlighted

Hi @angelah0094 

I apologize you are not seeing this option. In the previous version of our automated series, activating the campaign gave the option of sending to any previously existing contacts on your list. However it appears you are working in our updated version which does not have this option. Being able to include existing list members when activating a list join series is a feature request we have track in your account. As a workaround, I would suggest removing the contacts from your trigger list, then add them back to the list so the campaign can be triggered.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured