Automatically add a tag when a contact uses a sign up form

SOLVED
Go to solution
GiuliaP89
Rookie

Hello,

How do I automatically assign a tag to a contact as soon they fill out a sign-up form? One of the main purposes of using tags is to categorize contacts based on where they're coming from and which sign-up forms they're using. Is this a feature that is available? I see that I can assign contacts to a list when they use a sign-up form but it seems that adding a tag should be a basic feature as well.

Thanks!

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GiuliaP89 ,

At this time there isn't a way for a sign-up form to automatically attach a tag, it'd require some degree of manual work. You can go into the list they're assigned to, select-all the list, and add the tag. If you use a sign up form system detached from your Constant Contact account, and have to import the contacts manually via a file upload, then you can include the tag as part of that file upload.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GiuliaP89 ,

At this time there isn't a way for a sign-up form to automatically attach a tag, it'd require some degree of manual work. You can go into the list they're assigned to, select-all the list, and add the tag. If you use a sign up form system detached from your Constant Contact account, and have to import the contacts manually via a file upload, then you can include the tag as part of that file upload.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST