Autoresponder quirk

All Star

Autoresponder quirk

When I change a member's email from one type to another (for example, from our paid newsletter to our free newsletter because they didn't renew their dues payment) another series of these auto responder letters go out. I'm sure this is disconcerting to them! Is there a way to ensure that a series only gets sent once in a member's life? We have members adding themselves and then we have to take them off, so they get another round of welcome letters. Ugh.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Autoresponder quirk

Hi @DawnW891 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! We have seen cases where the welcome and/or an autoresponder email is sent to contacts that updates their email address. I apologize this has happened with a contact of yours as well. It is an experience we are continuing to troubleshoot. In the meantime, what is the contact you've seen this happen with? Please email us this contact and the exact campaign that was sent to social_supprt(at)constantcontact(dot)com so we may take a closer look.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.