Autoresponder "copy existing email" STILL BROKEN!

BambiC
Regular Participant

Autoresponder "copy existing email" STILL BROKEN!

For months now this has been broken on your site. In the auto-responder area, we are supposed to have the ability to copy an existing email and use it as an autoresponder. I wrote in before and it has never been fixed. I do not have time to create a newsletter because this hasn't been fixed and I pay you for the ability to use this feature and it's not getting dealt with. I not happy about this.
9 REPLIES 9
William_D

Hello @BambiC ,

I'm afraid I'm not able to recreate the issue you're describing when working in your account. Is the issue occurring for you when you create your new auto in a particular way? 

You're welcome to use the CSC TEST AUTO and CSC TEST AUTO PT2 series in your Campaigns that we made when troubleshooting, or delete them. If your issue persists, even when using the series we made, please call our general support so they can screenshare and troubleshoot the issue live with you.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
BambiC
Regular Participant

Hi William_D,

I actually opened a ticket with Constant Contact a couple months ago about this and showed them online exactly what was happening on share screen. Below are the steps and what is happening, I hope this helps.

In the Campaigns section:

1) Go to Autoresponder Newsletters

2) Go to the bottom and click "Add Another"  which brings you to Create Another Email

3) Then click on "Copying an Existing Email" (see below pic)

4) When you click the "Continue" button, watch right then, as it screen changes, a bunch a junk-looking text appears and then a huge orange logo appears (see below pic)Step 2.jpgWhat happens.jpg

Is that also occurring in the CSC TEST ones I made? If so, that'd denote something specific to your device - likely an extension or some security app / VPN causing conflicts with your device connecting to the site properly. If not, then it might denote a glitch that occurs only when an automation is setup in a particular way.

Does the issue occur in other browsers, or is it just one browser where that weird blown up logo shows?

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
BambiC
Regular Participant

Hi William,

I'm not sure how you created the two drafts you have in there. Did you "Copy Existing Email" for those? I tried on different browsers and its still happening on my end. And again, someone at Constant Contact had the same problem when I called into Customer Service so they saw it firsthand.

At the moment I am trying to get my May 2021 newsletter into the Autoresponder, are you able to do that on your end? I just don't know what to do about this issue 😞 

Thanks, Bambi

My apologies, I didn't realize this was in reference to a Legacy Auto series. Our engineers are looking into it, however with the legacy system headed towards retirement, I'd honestly recommend shifting over to the current auto system sooner rather than later. Since it looks like the legacy auto series you have is using emails made in the current editor, you should be able to copy those same emails you used into the current auto system.

For more info on creating an auto series

That said, if and when the engineers have an update regarding that issue with the legacy system, they'll notify you directly. In the meantime, the only other options would be to make your series through the updated system, or to manually recreate the email in your current legacy series.

William D

BambiC
Regular Participant

Hi William, ok thank you. I didn't realize there was a new system so I will move over to that now instead. One question... is there a way to add my existing Welcome Email to the automation? I don't see that option. Or, do I need to recreate it?

Thanks for your help, Bambi

You'd have to recreate the welcome email if you want it to be part of a series.

William D

BambiC
Regular Participant

I went ahead and re-created, thanks.

BambiC
Regular Participant

William, one ore thing, do I need to deactivate the original autoresponder series?