Awaiting confirmation

SherylL15218
Rookie
0 Votes

What does awaiting confirmation mean to the member? what do they need to do?

5 REPLIES 5
Lucas_D
Employee

Hi @SherylL15218,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. Awaiting Confirmation occurs either when you send a confirmation email out to a contact or when you click on the option to resubscribe a contact, sending a resubscribe confirmation email to them. This status lets you know when someone has not responded yet. The contacts that are under this status need to confirm on the email that was sent out to them, that they will like to receive your mailings. Once they confirm, they will be taken out of the Awaiting Confirmation status. For more information on the different statuses we have in the Contact database, please click here. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
LGUMC
Rookie
0 Votes

How do they access the email or find it in a full inbox? Can we re-send the email to them? 

Adelina_R
Employee

Although we cannot resend the resubscribe email to a contact once they are in awaiting confirmation you can use a sign up form to get their permission again.
You can find the Sign up form by navigating to the Sign-Up forms tab at the top of constant contact and selecting the Basic Landing Pages option.
Once you are there find the Sign-Up Form and select the drop down arrow the right of Actions.
Here you can find the URL that you will send to contacts to get added back onto the list. This will need to be sent outside of Constant Contact as we do not currently have permission to send to them.
If that still does not work or they are having issues we can call into our support team for assistance.

Adelina R

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Budget
Rookie
0 Votes

I tried this twice on my own email account (gmail). But it still have "awaiting confirmation".

It just won't resubscribe my gmail address.  

awaiting.jpg

Kara_D
Employee

Hi NelsonF23!

The next step is to check your Gmail inbox for that confirmation email, and click the link to confirm you do want to be resubscribed. The email will most likely land in the Updates tab, but if you don't see it there please check the other tabs and spam if needed.

If you are unable to find the confirmation email you may want to call in to our support team for additional troubleshooting. 

Kara.D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST