BUG REPORT - naming email

Highlighted
Real Estate

BUG REPORT - naming email

Hi,

I'd like to report a bug (don't see how to do this other than create a post here)

I noticed this started for me last week:

Whenever I am editing a campaign and want to edit the Name, if i select the entire current name with my mouse, it makes the pop up window disappear.

It happens every time and it's very frustrating when you're trying to navigate quickly through the system to get things done.

Please correct this.

I am using Chrome, Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: BUG REPORT - naming email

Hi @Marisa_M 

I'm sorry to hear you're having this experience with your campaign. After testing your most recent campaign I was unable to replicate this when changing its campaign name. Have you tried in a different browser or a private/incognito window? If you have not yet tested your browser, I would suggest doing so. Testing your browser like this allows us to see if there are any add-ons that could effect how Constant Contact is working.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Real Estate

Hi Frankie,

I tried it in an incognito window in Chrome - same behavior.

I tried it in IE, which was buggy when logging in (I pressed "Enter" after my ID and password were filled in and all it did was refresh the login screen. Had to actually click the "Login" button and then it worked) and this behavior did not happen.

What it's doing, is when you click your mouse at the end of the verbiage in the field (i.e. the Subject line), and drag backwards to select the whole line of text, if you drag anywhere past the first letter in the line and then release the mouse button, the window goes away and you have to open it all over again and edit your text.  It's happening in the Subject line, Preheader and From Name - basically all free type fields in the "Email Settings" window.

I've included a screenshot in case it helps you to understand and reproduce the issue:

I do not use IE, so I will continue using Chrome and hope this can be resolved.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Real Estate

Whoops - forgot my original post was about the email name - it's happening in that field too. All fields that are in any kind of popup window, is where the issue occurs.

Highlighted

Hi @Marisa_M 

Thank you for sharing these details with us! Because you didn't have this experience in Internet Explorer, it sounds like it's a browser related issue. Do you have any 3rd party add-ons or plugins running on Chrome? Some extensions can still remain active in incognito, so I would suggest turning these plugins off. Disabling one or more of these programs may resolve the issue.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Real Estate

I had two extensions: Cisco Webex Extension and Google Page Analytics.

Turned them off.

Closed all browser windows.

Opened new window, logged back into Constant Contact.

Same behavior, no change.

:(

This never happened before until last week.

Hi @Marisa_M 

Thank you so much for making this update in your browser! I apologize you still had the same experience. Though these extensions are turned off, are the cookies in your web browser enabled? Enabling these cookies and your browser's JavaScript as well would be the best next troubleshooting step. I also would suggest testing your account using a different mouse or even a different computer. Please let us know if you still have this experience after following these steps.

Frankie.P

Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured