Background Colors Changing!

ShaareEmeth
Marketing Legend

Increasingly more often I have noticed that my background colors on email campaigns are different upon arrival to inboxes than they are set-up to be when I am creating a campaign. For example, I set the background to be white, and when it arrives to my contacts' email inboxes it is green or dark gray. Please help! 

9 REPLIES 9
Aaron_H
Employee

Hello @ShaareEmeth,

I've seen something similar to what you're describing when emails are forwarded.  When you forward an email it can cause some unexpected changes to the coding of the email, which can cause colors to bleed out of one box, and into the background color.  I took a look at your last few emails though, and I do see that a number of them did have different background colors, including shades of green and gray.  If you go to the 'design' tab on an email while editing it, you should see the 'outer background color' as an option to change.  If that's not working, and you're not forwarding the emails, I would suggest getting a screenshot of the email with the incorrect colors, and sending it to us directly at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so that we can take a closer look at what's going wrong.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
PeterB1
Rookie

Colors change on my emails all teh time. The help desk person said it was my browser - that's crazy talk. You system probably has a bug. Sometimes I catch the changes and reset them properly. Sometimes, even after I fix them, when I exit, the backgrounds change. We just sent an e-mail and the most important part of the message was changed to black text on a black background! Lots of complaints to subscribers.   

Adelina_R
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @PeterB1 ! I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

What kind of browser are you using? Have we tried using another browser or an Incognito/private mode within the browser? If you do not have another browser handy or have tried those options are you using a campaign that you have copied many times or an old template? Sometimes creating a fresh copy will fix small issues or glitches like this.

Adelina R

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ShlomoS5
Rookie

We have the same issues. They colors are consistent on desktop, including Gmail, on iOS mail app etc. Yet, in Gmail for iOS, the colors are always distorted. What displays as a black color background across all platforms, displays as a white background in Gmail on iPhone.

Been happening every time for a while. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ShlomoS5 ,

This is a known issue with the Gmail app for iOS, and is something our engineers are keeping in touch with to see when a fix from them will be made available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
ArleneS5
Campaign Contributor

Same issue.  Changes in the editor willy-nilly, I change it back, preview, and send.  When it's sent, background colors on buttons and text might be completely different than what showed up in the preview.  Y'all need to fix this.  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ArleneS5 ,

Based on your description, it'd be better for you to call our general support line. They'll be able to screenshare so they can see the issue as it's happening live with you, and continue troubleshooting from there to see if it's a connectivity error, or something glitching with the template itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
KathrynM949
Rookie

I just found that mine are different when I am in night mode (which is all the time). Once I was not in night mode, it looked fine.

MylesF0
Rookie
0 Votes

This worked for me, thank you!!!!!!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST