Background Image Enlarged to be unviewable

PrinceofPeaceA
Rookie
0 Votes

for some reason when I use either a custom background or one of your preset backgrounds, it is blowing the image up nearly 1000% no matter what the origianl size i am using is. it makes it blurry and cannot see the pattern, just big pixels way too zoomed in. It has been this way for days.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @PrinceofPeaceA ,

That was definitely an odd glitch. During my troubleshooting and info gathering, I was able to seemingly resolve the issue by inserting a new custom background (an image you'd uploaded to your Library), and making sure the layout selected was either the tile or center options. When that displayed as expected, I selected the grass and other default background options, and they inserted and displayed as expected again.

I went ahead and submitted my troubleshooting info to the devs for further investigation. If and when there's an update regarding this issue, they'll notify you. 

In the meantime, there's a couple of things I'd advise:

• consider creating a master template you can always copy from for your main communications. When someone makes too many generations of copies-of-copies, it can result in junk coding getting build up, which can cause unusual formatting behavior.
  • For my steps to "fix" the issue, you'd want to do the following:
    1. Go to insert a new outer background
    2. Select Custom background. Select an image you've uploaded. 
    3. Make sure the layout is either tiled (the left icon-button with the dots) or center (the middle icon-button with two arrows).
    4. Go back and insert the default image, custom image, or pattern you desire.

If the issue continues despite taking the above recommended steps, then I'd advise sticking with a plain color background for the time being until the issue has been addressed by the devs.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PrinceofPeaceA ,

That was definitely an odd glitch. During my troubleshooting and info gathering, I was able to seemingly resolve the issue by inserting a new custom background (an image you'd uploaded to your Library), and making sure the layout selected was either the tile or center options. When that displayed as expected, I selected the grass and other default background options, and they inserted and displayed as expected again.

I went ahead and submitted my troubleshooting info to the devs for further investigation. If and when there's an update regarding this issue, they'll notify you. 

In the meantime, there's a couple of things I'd advise:

• consider creating a master template you can always copy from for your main communications. When someone makes too many generations of copies-of-copies, it can result in junk coding getting build up, which can cause unusual formatting behavior.
  • For my steps to "fix" the issue, you'd want to do the following:
    1. Go to insert a new outer background
    2. Select Custom background. Select an image you've uploaded. 
    3. Make sure the layout is either tiled (the left icon-button with the dots) or center (the middle icon-button with two arrows).
    4. Go back and insert the default image, custom image, or pattern you desire.

If the issue continues despite taking the above recommended steps, then I'd advise sticking with a plain color background for the time being until the issue has been addressed by the devs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
PrinceofPeaceA
Rookie
0 Votes

This did not fix the problem. No matter what i upload or use that is already upload it is too enlarged, selecting either centered or tiled does nothing to the image.  I need to reuse the previous copy each week as this is a newsletter that builds upon itself with sections being added, deleted or changed each week. it is impractical to rebuild the entire newsletter from a blank template each week. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'm not suggesting rebuilding from a blank template each week, I'm suggesting building a new one with the common elements that would be in every email, then copy and edit that master template each week to fill in info as needed.

Are you able to recreate this issue in other browsers, or in incognito/private mode? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST