Backgrounds taking over email replies & forwards

Highlighted

Re: Backgrounds taking over email replies & forwards

Has there been any resolution to this problem yet - it is causing a number of complaints from our clients and makes us look totally unprofessional.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @AvivaS9

Thank you for reaching out in the Community regarding this issue. 

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue as well. Unfortunately we are unable to control the display of replies and forwarded emails. We will continue to investigate this issue in hopes that we can find a resolution with the various web mail clients. In the meantime, please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted

We realize you cannot control reply and forward emails, but can you include some type of formatting that the background are only to be applied to the original sent email?  Maybe saved as a single graphic on reply and sent, so that responses are typed above the graphic (background) and recipients are able to then reply effectively?

This is a huge limitation for companies that have darker branding.

Please let me know if this has been resolved, or if there is a fix available.  Even a template with layers (background on specific table cells, etc.) would be more helpful...

Highlighted

This issue has been giving users problems for years. Constant Contact, please let us know how and when this will be resolved. 

Tags (3)
Highlighted

Hello @LMEC ,

At the moment our engineers and other email service providers like us are still working with Microsoft to figure out where exactly this sporadic issue is coming from. Since this is an issue on Outlook's end, we and other ESP's are relying on Microsoft to work with us to figure out a resolution. At this time we don't have an ETA on a true fix. In the meantime, the best workarounds are going to be either making the outer background and inner backgrounds the same color, or providing a View As Webpage link

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured