Banner is Making my work VERY difficult!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Banner is Making my work VERY difficult!

Just a little addition: It happened again when a new banner was put up regarding the COVID-19 virus nrecently, and of course it blocked my view and I couldn't make it "go away."  Please stop putting the banners on the work pages! Same problem, though.

Also, Another problem I have had for the past four months is, that when your people put Constant Contact on "night" (around 9 PM Pacific Time) - it no longer works! What DOES work takes fifteen minutes (transitions like "saving" a section so I can move on to another section take for frickin' ever or they never do save.) My newsletter ended up going out late because I finally gave up on using it at night.  I run my businesses all day long, so night time is the only time I have to do my ads.  In the years past, it was only a bit slower at night.  Now it is AGONIZINGLY slow or doesn't work at all (which was the case two nights ago) - I am sure none of you would put up with such a slow program if YOU were using it. Always, when I go into it in the daytime, it works like a champ. It is your night setting that is truly horrid now.

Thanks for listening.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: The July 4 Announement is Making my work VERY difficult!

Hi @Seraphim thank you for reaching back out about this. What feature are are you working in when you see this COVID-19 banner and what is it hiding on your page? Were you able to close this banner after all? I have taken a look at your account and no longer see it displaying. As for your experience working in your newsletter, it's important I point out we do not have a night mode. So the experience you're having in your account during these times may be connectivity related. For instance, are you having this experience in more than one browser or a private/incognito window? I have taken a closer look at your account and can see you are still working in legacy emails. Are these campaigns that you copy and reuse often? We have seen cases where these campaign types copied and reused too often over a long period of time can cause problematic formatting to be carried over and cause slowness. In these cases we suggest adding content into a brand new block instead of a previous existing one. Users also have the option of moving over to our updated Third-Generation editor. These templates were designed to help avoid some of these defects.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

Reply from @Seraphim 

Dear Constant Contact Community,

Thank you for answering me, much appreciated.

I have a Mac, which might be the first issue with your program recently.  

First off, whenever you put a banner up, it is always on the working page for the newsletter and covers up the top part of the page making it impossible or very difficult at best to work on the page. And there is no "X" to get rid of it in an upper corner.

It is so frustrating and of course by the time you have gotten my notes about it, it's long gone.  I suggest you put any "announcements" in at the opening of your program and don't let it be displayed anywhere on the working pages.  It is so annoying and frustrating, I cannot tell you how many times these have caused problems for me over the years we have been using your service (since practically it began.) 

As for the "night mode" - I am absolutely sure you have something like it because no matter WHERE I am (and I do travel a lot) I have the exact same issues with doing my newsletter after 9 P.M. (Pacific TIme) and it has only recently gotten so bad I cannot use it at all at night which is the time I like to do my newsletter due to the fact that I am running my business in the daytime and nightime is my time to set up my ads. The program works terribly but when I go out to go to some other program where I am working online (like Maestro Conference or others) they work just fine  It is not a connectivity issue on my end!

Now about my using the Legacy email, I haven't changed it to one of your "latest model editors" because I find the new, updated program too hard to work with and I can never find half of the things (easily)that I use. It is poorly done so I prefer to stay with one of the older ones like Legacy. I will admit it is possible that the copy of the copy of the copy is no longer working well, but hear this:  IT WORKS JUT FINE IN THE DAYTIME.  

Please please look into the nighttime issue. You've had it a very long time and I am considering moving to another service since it has gotten so bad (I don't really want to, that is why I am communicating with you in hopes you'll fix this instead of my having to leave as a very longtime customer.)  I know you don't believe me when I have told you these things, but they are true and please don't make it my issue.  It is an issue with your program and it would be very nice if you would fix it. I care enough about wanting to stay with you to contradict what you are saying to me.

Thanks for listening.

Very Sincerely,
Raphaelle Tamura  

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted

Hi @Seraphim 

Thank you for responding with these details! For your experience with the banner, the next time you come across this happening please share with us a screenshot of what you are seeing. As for creating your email, as previously mentioned we do not have a night mode. So I do want to make sure you're assisted with not being able to edit and create your campaign as easily as you should.

For instance, what browser and version are you working in? Have you tried working on your campaign through a different browser or a private/incognito window? You mentioned working in more than one location, when you do are you working on through the same Mac computer? Who is your Internet Service Provider (Comcast, Verizon, etc.) and what type of network you are on (Home, Work, Public)? Do you have any security software or firewall programs running (McAfee, Norton, AVG, etc.)? If you have not yet done so, I would recommend testing your campaign in a different browser or a private/incognito window. This is an easy way to rule out any 3rd party add-ons that could affect how Constant Contact works. For your email campaign itself, when continuing to copy a previous email - it's always good to not copy and paste directly from an outside source and to insert new content into new blocks instead of updating what is already there. Doing this allows you to avoid and troublesome coding that could be left in the background that can continue to grow. I also would recommend shortening your email length. Longer emails in our Legacy Newsletters can raise the chances of this happening.

Which is another reason why we recommend our users moving over to our updated editor. This system allows you to insert read more blocks to help keep your email short and sweet through only showing a preview of your text. You did however mention you find this Third Generation Editor to be hard to work with. What exactly about these templates do you find hard? Having any specifics on this is helpful information as we are always open to ways we can better our user's experience. We even have this article in our Help Center that goes into detail on the similarities and differences of the two editors to make your transition easier. With that said,  as a courtesy I have recreated your most recent email in our Third Generation Editor in the campaign named Updated Support Copy. Are you still having issues editing any of the information in this Update Support Copy template?

Frankie.P

Constant Contact would like to hear from you

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured