Best time to send Valentine's email?

SOLVED
Go to solution
SallyM003
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi - we need to send out an email to our consumer customer base and we were hoping to get it out today (Friday). But it's already almost 5 PM.

Should we send Saturday? By noon? Do people have good open rates on the weekend vs. the weekday?

Thank you!

Sally

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
John_M
Employee

Hello @SallyM003 ,

The best time to send out an email and yield higher open rates is entirely dependent on your audiences past engagement history; different industries have different days of the week and different times of the day that works best for their audience. What I would suggest is look back at the past campaigns that have been sent out and when focusing on the higher open rates compare all of those send times to each other and see if there is any consistency with them. If most of those campaigns were sent out on Fridays it would be ideal to send out then based on the engagement that has been seen already with them. I have attached a knowledge based article here that goes over this process in more detail.  

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_M
Employee

Hello @SallyM003 ,

The best time to send out an email and yield higher open rates is entirely dependent on your audiences past engagement history; different industries have different days of the week and different times of the day that works best for their audience. What I would suggest is look back at the past campaigns that have been sent out and when focusing on the higher open rates compare all of those send times to each other and see if there is any consistency with them. If most of those campaigns were sent out on Fridays it would be ideal to send out then based on the engagement that has been seen already with them. I have attached a knowledge based article here that goes over this process in more detail.  

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

SallyM003
Rookie
0 Votes
Thank you!
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST