Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Captions for photos

I REALLY need to be able to add a caption under photos in our newsletters. The option of adding text on top of a photo is not a good option at all. The caption should be immediately beneath the photo in a stand alone text box. Also, it would be extremely helpful to be able to position a photo within an article anywhere within the photo -- not at the very top.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

We are updating the status of all ideas to hopefully provide better insight into where the issue is in the product pipeline. The status of this idea is being updated to Under Consideration meaning the request is known and there is a ticket in our product/engineering backlog for this item. Thank you for all the feedback so far.

73 Comments
SOSF
Campaign Expert

Please put in a method for easily adding captions to photos!

BiancaR86
Rookie

Please add a caption option for photos! 

TechD
Rookie

to add a signature to the bottom, you have to insert a photo, which leaves too much white space under the letter. 

TobiC0
Constant Contact Partner

I agree with TechD. I too use a JPEG of my signature at the end of my and a client's newsletter and there is too much space between the end of the letter and the signature. And an overall comment--the 2G editor was much easier to work with. It was more intuitive and user-friendly than 3G.

RobertE473
Campaign Expert

The 3rd Generation editor has a lot of good improvements over the one I am now using. But I will not be switching to it until certain improvements are made.

1. With the current editor I am able to create a table and then control the borders of the table re thickness, color, etc. No such capability exists with the 3rd.

2. With the current editor I am able to edit the style sheet to control such things as the thickness of the overall border of the piece. I see no such capability in the 3rd.

3. One cannot add captions to photos in all presentations.

I am presently experimenting with the 3rd and if other issues occur to me will report them.

EnergyPlus
Marketing Legend

I have the same frustration over this "new and improved" editor. I really dislike it and the loss of captioning a photo simply baffles me!

CLNadmin
Rookie

I agree - 2G was much better than whatever this 3G thing is. And ability to caption an image is a must. Just curious - why did you change something that was working to something that doesn't work as well? It just drives me crazy now.

BanaS7
Rookie

I need captions below photos. Please add this functionality ASAP!

RuthC180
Rookie

Please add ability for photo captions. Please add photo captions. Can you please add photo captions? What is it about this message that isn't clear?

ZaneA4
Rookie

Just want to keep this as an issue still.  Captioning photos is important to your users. Please create this function. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More