Blocked vs. Suspended Bounces

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Blocked vs. Suspended Bounces

Do "Blocked" email addresses eventually move to "Suspended" email addresses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Blocked vs. Suspended Bounces

Here's some details about bounce types, and here's an article on how best to handle each type.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hello @CathleenS08 ,

It is possible, if an email address bounces as blocked enough it can result in a suspension. Suspension is typically for those addresses that bounce as "non-existent" enough times when sent to by various customers of ours. Non-Existent and Blocked are based on the coding / messaging we get from the recipient's ISP, as to why the email couldn't be delivered.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks - so what is the reason for Blocked vs. Suspended Bounces?

Highlighted

Here's some details about bounce types, and here's an article on how best to handle each type.

William D

View solution in original post

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured