Boarder around block

SOLVED
Go to solution
LindaD6453
Rookie
0 Votes

How do you add a basic border around text in a single block?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LindaD6453 ,

I'd recommend using one of the available, pre-built layout blocks that has a border setup, located in the lefthand menu under the Build tab.

For more info on adding layout blocks to your email

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LindaD6453 ,

I'd recommend using one of the available, pre-built layout blocks that has a border setup, located in the lefthand menu under the Build tab.

For more info on adding layout blocks to your email

William A
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

If you are using an older Campaign template, the prebuilt layout block that has the image with a border, does not work. There is no border. It inserts a layout that looks identical to the layout block without a border.

How do you get a border when using the older Campaign template?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Have you checked to make sure your border colorings under the Design tab aren't set to the same color as your inner border or article fill colors?

William A
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

AAAHHH....that helped a bit.

Difference between old and new templates:

Old simply has an item called "Featured Articles" under the Design tab which controls BOTH the background of a Featured Block AND Borders. The name is not intuitive in the least.

New has "Feature Layout Background" and "Article Layout Border" under the Design. This makes more sense.

PS: Something that always drove me nuts when I first started with CC - there are no names associated with the block and layout icons in the Build tab in the old templates. Newbies have no way of knowing what each block is. At least in the new templates, the block and layout icons have names.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST